If you are thinking about upgrading your home, please remember to fill out an Architectural request form. The following items have been pre-approved by the ARC and Board of Directors so you don’t need prior written approval for these upgrades. However, please make sure to fill out an ARC request form and return it to the Association office to keep track of upgrades to your home.
Please note that if you don’t see an item listed below, you will need to obtain prior written approval from the ARC before starting work.
- Paint: If you want to change the color of your home, make sure to choose a shade within the original paint colors. You can use any sheen, such as semi-gloss or flat, and include white for your garage door and gate.
- Window Tinting: You can install quality tint sheeting on your windows, but please don’t use mirrored type sheeting on the front of your home.
- Satellite Dishes or Future Electronic Dishes/ Receivers: A small satellite dish, less than 24 inches in diameter, can be attached to the side or rear of your house. Please don’t install any dish on the front of your house.
- Like-for-Like Replacement: You don’t need prior written approval for like-for-like replacements, such as replacing a 6 ft. wood fence with a 6 ft. wood fence. However, please make sure to obtain prior written approval from the ARC if you want to replace a 6 ft. wood fence with a 4 ft. wrought iron fence.
- Security Screen Doors: You can install security or screen doors on your home, but please don’t leave them as bare metal. Make sure to finish them with color.
- Security Lights: You can install security lights on your property, but please make sure they have a motion sensor and can only stay on for 3 minutes (or less) at any time. Also, please install them with a lighting shield to direct the beam away from adjacent properties.
- Pre-approved landscaping includes changing from grass to desert type landscaping, such as stones, rocks, boulders, cacti, palm trees, desert type plants, and various types of decomposed granite gravel (dee-gee). Pre-approved changes also include artificial grass.
- Tree Removal: You don’t need approval for nuisance tree removal. Nuisance trees include those that are leaning or interfering with walls, foundations, underground or overhead utilities systems, sidewalks, walkways, and patios.